Saturday 29 October 2016

DeeDee & Boo : Home print review :


Mile stone moments in life such as moving out, Marriage , Babies , Buying family home. What better thing to remember these moments then with a personalised Print by Dee Dee & Boo. I came across Helen via chance blogger out reach. She was very friendly and helpful with ideas of what i could have made.

In the end i chose to have a home print with our family name and myself , Chris Bodhi and also our family pets ( well they are part of our family arnt they ?! ) Helen is very processional and friendly and kept me up to date with my print, She even added " once a house now a home " onto the print, As i really do feel our little house is becoming our family home.


When my A4 print arrived i couldn't stop looking at it , It really is a work of art and i LOVE it ! its so cleaver how it all fits within the heart shape, Each time i look at it i see more and more details. The colours make it feel warm and inviting ( just how a home should feel right? ) 



The details of our names is also a lovely touch and you can have more or less boxes added as needed to suit your family. The Home prints are just part of the wonderful range that Helen makes over at her website You can pick from births/wedding/family/love and much more my print is priced at £20 for the A4 side ( £30 for A3 ) i think this is a really fair print for a custom print. You can also commission Helen so a one of a kind image these are from £120 again a really fair price for what it is you are getting. 



I love the fact it has a little names in the boxes, no more babies means i have 
no worries of having to add another name at a later date! 



I have asked Father Christmas ( hubby ) for a frame for my lovely print so it can go up in our hallway and i can see it every day and smile. Thank you Helen at Dee Dee & Boo for my lovely lovely home print as you can tell i really do love it. 

: Print was gifted to me in return for my feedback & review : 


The very lovely brains and talent behind Dee Dee & Boo let me do a little Q&A with her

1) who is Dee Dee Boo ?

Dee Dee & Boo is the home of heartfelt personalised prints and custom illustrations created by myself.
Dee Dee & Boo is all about celebrating the important things in life: family, births & birthdays, anniversaries, milestones, marriages and Christmas.

2 ) what inspires you ?

I live in a very beautiful part of England where I am always inspired by my environment, beautiful skies, flowers and nature. I'm lucky enough to have the countryside and seaside on my doorstep, both such amazing places to get inspired and clear my mind. I also love quirky packaging, retro fabric and bright colours.

3 ) where do you create your artwork ?

I am based from home and have my own creative space, it's calm, quiet and light. I have a tendency to claim more sections of the house when I get really busy...good thing its all pretty

4 ) where do you see yourself in five years time ?

Exciting times are already ahead for Dee Dee & Boo. It's what I love to do, its my passion and I hope people see that through the work I produce.
My daughter bought me a beautiful pebble with 'Do what you love' painted on it and I have that displayed on my desk. I truly believe that if you do what you love, there really are no limits to what you can achieve.

5 ) what is your favourite thing to draw ?

My all time favourite is drawing and paint is flowers, I find it really therapeutic.

6 ) Who is your favourite artist ? 
Georgia O'Keeffe, I discovered her while I was still at school and then again whilst studying for my Ba(hons) in Fashion textiles, I fell in love with her work.
7 ) reason behind the brand name ?
Well, my two beautiful children. When my son Beau was very tiny he used to struggle a little with saying his big sister's name 'Evie' so he decided on the name 'Dee Dee' and we have always nicknamed Beau...Boo. So... Dee Dee & Boo was born



No comments:

Post a Comment